The long overdue SSWC2012 reunion returns to the hallowed haunts of Winterton, KZN on 1 August 2015. This is a celebration of all things SS, and a warm-up for SSWC2015 in the Japanese Alps this October.
Come themed to the land of the rising sun and prepared for a mutha of all parties following the race.
All funds raised will go to Surgeons For Little Lives. Click here for more detail.
- Entry packages
- Entry fee is R450.
- Online day entry (includes free T-shirt, beer on course and some chow after the race) – enter here before 16 July 2015.
- Line entries (no T-shirt, but chow and beer included)
- Unfortunately full weekend accommodation and food packages will NOT be available, but the fine folk at Winterton Country Club will be offering camping facilities and possibly some food for sale.
- Race details
- Race date is sometime on Saturday 1st August 2015 at Emseni just outside Winterton. Registration and briefing will be at Emseni the morning of the race.
- Provide your own number boards and number in any form and format, paper, plastic, precious metals and even chicken, beef, sushi or noodles.
- The race route will be supplied by a local grey haired wizard and will guarantee kilometers of mind bending orgasmic famed Winterton single track. Prepare yourself for around 30km give or take, which may or may not include beverage stations of some form or other.
- It is a single speed event but we will tape gears up of normal bikes, so all bikes welcome.
- Depending on the number of entries received, the organisers may be convinced to send someone to SSWC2015 to get drunk on Japanese single track.
- Other bits…
- As it will still be wintertime, come prepared with warm woollies. The days will be pleasant but the nights can get colder than a Japanese eskimo’s testicles. Bring a chair too. It will stop you from falling over.
- Keep up to date with event details by liking the SSWC2012 FaceBook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/SSWC-2012-South-Africa/215345968549822?fref=t
How To Get There
Google Maps! It works a charm.
Where to Stay
Camping: Self camping will be available at Winterton Country Club at R100 per person per night. Some food should be on sale but bring some of your own. Importantly, the Pub will be fully stocked.
Winterton Country Club will be erecting 50 tents with mattresses. These can sleep two and will cost R500 for the weekend. Contact Tony Cole on email@example.com to book yours now.
Winterton Accommodation Options: Click here for a list of other options.